Sunday, April 13, 2008

Disclaimer

Please allow me to express that, although this blog focuses on many of the humorous and perhaps even shocking incidents I have engaged in and witnessed in my experience working with children, I and others have done a lot of good work in our time. Though our efforts at times may have bordered on the unprofessional, I think it is because of our willingness to be human beings in front of our clients that we were often able to earn their trust and make progress with them in ways not possible were we to be sterile and clinical automatons who rarely displayed a hint of humanity.

We have loved our little angels, and I think it showed.


********

© 2008 David Lee Cummings

2 comments:

Al Newberry said...

What? You get some hate mail or something?

Healing Embrace said...

Nah, just realizing that many of the posts lately are akin to toilet humor. Don't want anyone thinking that all we did was fart in kids' faces and humiliate them. Though we often treated them like little brothers, we always did it out of love. Or something like that.